All staff working within TCDH are committed to the establishment and maintenance of a robust Quality System, as directed by the Quality Systems Manual. The Quality System will guide practice and will form the foundation from which staff refer to at an operational level, is customer centric, guarantees safety and is readily accessible whilst being easy to use.
Planned outcomes are:
- To provide the community with a core group of medical services of an exceptionally high standard, positioning the Tennyson Centre Day Hospital as leaders within the Day Hospital arena.
- To consult with and request feedback from consumers, as it relates to meeting their needs and expectations
- Ensuring that system design is based on best practice, are risk focused, is measurable and complies with regulatory requirements
- Objective assessment of performance against contemporaneous industry standards by internal auditing and external benchmarking amongst “like” facilities, while being compliant against AS/NZ 9001:2016 and NSQHS Standards
TCDH and staff commit to abiding by the following philosophies and aims:
- The Tennyson Way
- To actively seek and critically examine, information from stakeholders in regard to systems and processes and recognize this as an opportunity to act on anything that is reasonable and practicable
- Making safety to all a priority and monitored via the risk register and IIIR system
- To advocate for the patients’ rights to expert, courteous, professional and efficient care
- To protect patients privacy and confidentiality
- To incorporate Best Practice Guidelines in order to achieve quality outcomes
- Manage resources in a financially responsible manner but not at the cost of a high standard of patient care
- Respond to information gleaned from customers, audit results, non-conformances and changes made, in a way that supports the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology
- Communicate outcomes, feedback and results to those working operationally within the facility, up to the highest level of governance.
Customers may contact the TCDH Director of Nursing if they would like more information on our Quality Policy.
Safety, Quality & Risk Management
“We are a Safe Hospital providing Quality Care”. We make this claim because we have evidence that confirms achievement of results & goals, or have systems in place to ensure the following:
- Robust Clinical & Corporate Governance systems via the Nexus Board of Directors, Local Subsidiary Board meetings, Medical Advisory Committee and Management Review Committee.
- Continued Accreditation against ISO 9001:2008 & the 10 National Standards for Quality & Safety in Healthcare
- Compliance with an Annual 3rd party, Infection Control Audit, against Australian Standard 4187 : 2014
- Benchmarking systems and results against “like” facilities across Australia via QPS Benchmarking
- A robust Incident and Accident Reporting System that is reviewed at the highest level of governance
- An extensive internal & external auditing program, to ensure consistency in practice, where results are reviewed by an External Accrediting agency
- Thorough Medical Credentialing process via the Medical Advisory Committee, inclusive of ensuring Registration via the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Extensive Risk Register and associated risk treatment plans to manage and mitigate risks
“What to expect when you are a patient at TCDH”. “The Tennyson Way” is an internal philosophy that was developed prior to the hospital opening and has continued over the years. The concept was to create a positive culture amongst staff and visiting Doctors across the workplace. Look out for the posters displayed around the hospital. The principles that underpin “The Tennyson Way” are:
- A “can do” attitude
- Being supportive, caring and respectful to everyone you encounter
- Having fun while getting the job done
- Having a strong customer service focus
Consequently, you should find staff friendly, welcoming, helpful and professional. You can expect medical & nursing care of a high standard, be patient centric & performed in an efficient way.
“We provide Consumer Centred Care”. Based on the feedback we get from patients and relatives, we believe we have mastered this. We value patient feedback as a gauge of performance & use suggestions to make changes, wherever possible & practicable. Please feel free to complete our “Patient Satisfaction Survey” or “Praise, Complaints & Suggestions” forms when you are here. Alternatively, you can speak to any employee of the hospital about your experience, right up to the Director of Nursing. All comments count!
“We get results”. TCDH can stand by this statement as we routinely audit many systems and processes. We proudly display certificates of achievement in the front reception area also. If you are interested in our results, you can ask to see our audits or data, at any time, on the following:
- Hand Hygiene
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys
- Staff Satisfaction Surveys
- Multiple Infection Control Audits
- Open Disclosure principles
- Measurement of our Quality Objectives
- Clinical Indicators
- External Audits & Accreditation